(AGENPARL) – lun 05 dicembre 2022 National service agency to invest in tribal organizations that support older adults through volunteerism 
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEDecember 5, 2022
AmeriCorps Press Office
National service agency to invest in tribal organizations that support older adults through volunteerism
WASHINGTON, DC – AmeriCorps, the federal agency for national service and volunteerism, announced today the 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Native Nations and Indigenous Elders Senior Demonstration Program funding opportunity. Tribal-affiliated organizations that engage older adults in volunteerism are eligible to apply, including federally recognized American Indian and Alaska Native Nations, higher-education institutions, state, local and territorial governments and nonprofit, faith-based and tribal organizations.
– promote the preservation and teaching of Native and Indigenous languages and cultural practices;
– provide social, economic and educational services to tribal nations and Indigenous people both on and off reservation lands;
– advance equity in areas such as food sovereignty, climate change and conservation and mental health services;
– provide veterans and military families, caregivers and survivors’ quality of life; and
– create workforce pathways for older adults, including deliberate training, certifications and hiring preferences.
Opportunities include three-year operating grants which engage AmeriCorps Seniors program volunteers in time-limited-service commitments and one-year planning grants to develop programs that implement evidence-based solutions to address identified community needs.
“We’re excited to help tribal communities address their immediate needs through AmeriCorps Seniors volunteer programs,” said Michael D. Smith, AmeriCorps CEO. “This funding opportunity is part of AmeriCorps Seniors’ efforts to reduce barriers to service, grow our investment in Indian Country and increase our collaboration, capacity and expertise in tribal communities.”
Volunteers in AmeriCorps Seniors programs serve in all 50 states and the territories of Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. AmeriCorps invests locally to meet some of the most pressing needs of communities, advance civic engagement and empower individuals across the generations to improve lives and communities throughout the country.
AmeriCorps offers opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds to be a part of the national service community, grow personally and professionally, and receive benefits for their service.
(AGENPARL) – lun 05 dicembre 2022 National service agency to invest in tribal organizations that support older adults through volunteerism