(AGENPARL) – ST PETERSBURG (RUSSIA9, lun 28 settembre 2020
St Petersburg University, as the oldest university in Russia, successfully combines 300-year-old traditions with the latest innovations. It strives for excellence in research, education and expertise in multiple knowledge areas offering a unique experience to its students and stakeholders.
St Petersburg University in World Rankings
The success of SPbU staff and students is regularly recognized by all the leading world rankings. SPbU is placed among the 250 best universities in the world, being №2 among the Emerging Europe and Central Asia universities and offering the best Employer-Student connections in Russia.
The University is also ranked in 4 out of 5 QS subject groups and 16 subjects. Graduate School of Management continuously remains the only business school in Russia represented in the Financial Times ranking. According to the Times Higher Education rankings, St Petersburg University takes 44th place among the Emerging Economies countries and is ranked in the top-100 universities in the World Reputation Rankings.
As it goes, rankings should not be the only criterion for choosing the university, however, they do reflect the dynamic existing between institutions and point out the top 4% of the strongest universities in the world from the roughly estimated number of 26 000 higher education institutions existing today*.
Benefits of studying at SPbU
- The advantages of living and learning in the cultural capital of Russia. St Petersburg was recognized as World’s Leading Cultural City Destination 2019 by the World Travel Awards;
- Interdisciplinary programmes, fully meeting the demands of tomorrow;
- An opportunity to design a personalised curriculum for every student, combining compulsory and elective courses;
- Guest lectures from politicians, leading culture professionals, Nobel Prize winners, and world-renowned scientists from across the globe;
- Access to the most advanced technologies of the SPbU Research Park;
- A wide range of opportunities for entrepreneurship, a chance to obtain a grant through the SPbU Start-Up competition and develop your own project;
- Graduates of SPbU are highly competitive in the international job market;
- A chance to get a grant covering your tuition fee in full along with a monthly scholarship;
- Participation in international exchange and partnership programmes;
- Various support programmes for international students: buddy scheme, intro week, SPbU Foreign Students Club;
- SPbU Alumni Clubs operate in 16 countries of Europe, Asia, North America and Australia.
St Petersburg University Campus
You can check out the University main building – Twelve Collegia building, as well as its museums (D. Mendeleev Museum and Archive, V. Nabokov Museum) and the Contemporary Sculpture Park online by visiting the Virtual tours.
You can see the main corridor of the Twelve Collegia that is the longest university corridor in the world, Petrovskii Hall that has preserved its original interior of the 18th century, and St Peter and Paul’s Church to name but a few.
St Petersburg University is made up of many different buildings located around Vasilievskii Island, Central district, Admiralty district, and Petergof. Many of them are unique architectural monuments, say, Mikhailovskaia Dacha and Bobrinski’s Palace, that are harmonious in combining history and modernity.
The Twelve Collegia, as the main building of the University, demonstrates a notable example of Peter the Great architectural period and was built by Domenico Trezzini and А. F. Shchedrin in the 18th century. Initially, it was a place for the Russian government: Senate, Synod, and collegia. In 1838, it was commissioned to the University. Nowadays, it hosts administrative offices, Gorky Research Library, resource centres and laboratories of the Research Park. It is also a place where we hold important events: ceremonies, concerts, conferences and receptions.