(AGENPARL) – EUROPE, sab 23 gennaio 2021
Research and innovation will be a critical driver of the continent’s recovery from the pandemic, join us on 22-23 February to find more about the topic.
As Horizon Europe prepares to launch, serious questions remain as to whether the whole of European Research and innovation (R&I) can somehow be made greater than the sum of its parts. Can the Commission establish genuine synergies between Horizon and other flagship instruments, such as the InvestEU, Just Transition and Innovation Funds or Digital Europe? Within Horizon itself, can the Commission build stronger pathways between fundamental science and market competitiveness, define a compelling value proposition for industry, and engage citizens throughout the R&I process? Will member states and associated countries align their own resources and programmes with Europe’s R&I ambitions?
On February 22 and 23, Science Business will convene leading figures from across its own Network and the international research and innovation spectrum to address these issues in more depth.
At the R&I in Recovery conference, high-level speakers from politics, industry, research and academia will discuss the role of R&I in recovering from the pandemic. Speakers will include (among others):
- Margrethe Vestager, Executive Vice President, European Commission
- Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Youth, Education and Culture, European Commission
- Martin Kern, Director, European Institute of Innovation and Technology
- Simona Kustec Lipicer, Minister of Education, Science and Sport, Government of Slovenia
- Michael Houghton, 2020 Nobel Prize in Physiology & Medicine; Professor, Department of Medical Microbiology & Immunology, University of Alberta
The two-day conference will include a series of parallel, interactive, expert-led sessions, as well as live panel debates and live Q&A.
For more information on the speakers, partners, what to expect and how to register please visit the dedicated event page at the link below: