(AGENPARL) – WASHINGTON (D.C.), sab 16 gennaio 2021
The ICCT seeks a highly motivated and committed Fellow who will contribute primarily to research on European projects and part of the ICCT’s Compliance and Enforcement Program. The Fellow will contribute to ICCT’s work in support of The Real Urban Emissions (TRUE) initiative, which aims to enable evidenced-based policy and consumer choices through the collection, analysis, and reporting of real-world vehicle emissions data. An important aspect of this work includes analyzing data from remote emissions sensing. Representative work can be seen on the ICCT’s Compliance and Enforcement Program page and the TRUE initiative website.
The position would be based in one of ICCT’s offices in Europe or the U.S., with remote working necessary through at least 6/30/21 due to COVID-19. The length of the Fellowship is 12 months.
- Perform quantitative analyses of real-world vehicle emissions datasets, including remote sensing of motor vehicle emissions;
- Perform high-quality quantitative research to support the development of local, regional, and national policies addressing the climate and health effects of transportation, particularly on-road vehicles;
- Review and summarize technical and scientific literature;
- Contribute to blogs, briefing papers, memos, working papers, and white papers to communicate research findings and the policy implications;
- Help to organize outreach activities, such as briefings, meetings, and workshops;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in data science, engineering, environmental science or policy, transportation, or other related field;
- Superior quantitative, analytical, and research skills;
- Experience or interest in energy, transportation, climate change, air quality, public policy, or other related topics;
- Demonstrated experience collecting, critically analyzing, and drawing insights from data;
- Proficiency with analytical and modeling with R and other tools such as Python, Matlab, or Excel;
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal. Other languages are a plus;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative research environment.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position for a duration of 12 months. The position will be based in one of our offices in Europe or the U.S. Salary will depend on experience and office location, and will range between $18–30 (Washington, D.C.), $20–33 (San Francisco, CA), and EUR 2,000-2,500/month (Berlin). Candidates must be eligible to work in Europe or in the U.S. for the full duration of the fellowship.
Please apply here. Please send a cover letter, resume, and 1–2 relevant writing samples, along with the names and contact information for three professional references. In your cover letter, please state your preference for the Berlin, San Francisco, or Washington D.C. office along with your ideal start date.
Combine your resume and cover letter in one file and use the other attachment for your writing samples OR provide links to your writing and code samples. Incomplete applications will be given less priority. Equal Opportunity Employer.