(AGENPARL) – ESCH -ALZETTE (LUXEMBOURG), ven 04 giugno 2021
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of environment, IT and materials. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You’d like to contribute as a research support contributor? Join our IT for Innovative Services department
The IT for Innovative Services (ITIS) department, with its 100 researchers and engineers, focuses on the digital transformation of operations in organizations with traditional environments and digital ecosystems, with the aim of improving their performance and innovation capacity. The common thread throughout ITIS is to develop the most efficient use of big data to ensure the most appropriate decision-making processes.
The department relies on the Data Analytics Platform: a hybrid infrastructure covering the entire range of data analytics activities. The platform is based on three pillars: a high-performance computing (HPC) infrastructure, a cognitive analytics pillar and an interactive visualization wall (Viswall).
How will you contribute?
You will lead the business and partnership development in Automotive, Logistics and Mobility in collaboration with the senior management and RDI units/groups in terms of:
- Identification and concretization of business/partnership opportunities.
- Key account management.
- Valorisation and transfer of the relevant assets.
- Networking and representation.
- Market intelligence and watch.
Identification and concretization of business/partnership opportunities
- Prospect new customers by proactive networking.
- Identify, develop and close new agreements covering the Automotive, Logistics and Mobility domains, with partners from the private and public sector.
- Actively participate in the negotiation of contracts and agreements. This involves collaborating closely with researchers and the Legal Department in the contract-drafting phase.
- Initiate and follow up the development of a partnership and collaboration strategy together with the department’s senior management and RDI units/groups.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to prospects and clients.
Key account management
- Manage the department’s partner portfolio for the Automotive, Logistics and Mobility sector: create momentum with potential partners and consolidate good relationships with existing ones.
- Work on partner follow-up activities and participate in the management of key accounts.
Valorisation and transfer of the relevant assets
- Co-manage, with the principal investigators, industrial and knowledge transfer projects including a strong support to project-funding applications.
- Support projects in all phases of the partnering process.
- Support RDI staff in the dissemination of RDI outputs to the market (licensing, selling, spin-off, etc.).
- Support RDI staff in the creation of spin-offs.
Networking and representation
- Represent the RDI department in networking business events as a LIST Ambassador.
- Initiate and contribute to the networking events and actions of the department.
- Establish a strong external network, at the national and international level.
- Participate to sectorial/technology fairs.
Market intelligence and watch
- Research and find out about prospect and client industries, and trends to estimate needs and goals.
- Ensure technology watch.
- Stay in tune with RDI domains, project content and innovation developed in the Automotive, Logistics and Mobility sector, as well as the strategies of other RTOs/R&D institutions.
- Keep informed about competitors, industry, societal and technology trends.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in the activities of professional organizations.
- Provide general support, guidance and training to researchers for their interactions with customers.
Must have requirements
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
- Master’s or PhD degree in a scientific, technological or engineering field relevant to Automotive, Logistics and Mobility.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) is a plus.
- 10 years of proven experience in the sector of Automotive, Logistics and Mobility with direct experience in partnership and business development.
- Track record in the acquisition of clients and development of industry collaborations.
- Understanding of current market trends.
- Strong existing industrial network in Europe; global network is considered as an asset.
- Experience in working with IP protection, IP rights law and IP policy.
- Expertise in licensing and negotiating (Technological Transfer).
- Past experience in a Research and Technology Organization is considered as an asset.
- Entrepreneurial experience or track record in launching new businesses (launching own projects or helping others) is considered as an asset.
- Be results-oriented: achieve concrete results, involving a range of different colleagues from researchers to management and administrative staff.
- Be a self-starter that is well organized, efficient with excellent time management skills and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate business responsiveness and a strong experience in the management of partnerships and marketing in a public research or industrial research environment.
- Have the capacity to forge strong relationships, build trust with clients, drive value, and develop lasting business partnerships.
- Have strong communication skills and be keen to collaborate with the staff of the department.
- Be capable of a strong interaction with the other members of the business development team and diverse project teams.
- Be motivated in working in a customer-oriented technological research organization.
Your LIST experience will be
Passion for impact organisation with strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe working on responsible and independent research projects.
Sustainable by design notably thanks to our task force empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society.
Innovative infrastructures and exceptional Labs with more than 5,000 square meters, including innovations such as our Viswall, high scale incubators or even top of the range 3D/4D printings that are part of our toolkit for excelling in all we do.
Multicultural and International work environment with more than 45 nationalities represented in our workforce.
Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people in fulfilling their personal and professional ambitions.
Gender friendly environment where multiple actions are made to attract, develop and retain women in Science.
32 days of paid-holiday, 11 public-holiday, flexible working hours, 13-month salary, state health insurance and lunch vouchers.
Personalised learning program to foster our people’s soft and technical skills.
We encourage curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship sparkling everywhere.
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and your experience
- A CV, which includes contact details
- Contact of 2 references
Application procedure and conditions:
- LIST is an Equal Opportunity employer and committed to hiring and retaining a diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability.
- Applications will be reviewed on-going until the position is filled OR Applications will be accepted till September 30, 2021.
- An assessment committee will review the applications and candidate selection will rely on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities.
- The main criterion for selection will be the existing skills and expertise of the applicant and matching with the qualifications mentioned above.
To be considered for this position it is crucial that you have knowledge of the following languages
English Read C1 Write C1 Speak C1
Minimum required education
Required work experience in years
10 or more years.