(AGENPARL) – LONDON, (UNITED KINGDOM), dom 25 ottobre 2020
What the agreement covers
The agreement will form the basis of economic and trade relations between the UK and Japan. It replaces the EU-Japan trade agreement.
This trade agreement covers:
- trade in goods and services, including provisions on rules of origin, preferential tariffs and quotas
- intellectual property, including geographical indications
- technical barriers to trade
- sanitary and phytosanitary measures
- customs and trade facilitation
- dispute settlement
- government procurement
When the agreement will take effect
The Withdrawal Agreement sets out how the UK is able to continue to be covered by EU-third country trade agreements until 31 December 2020.
The EU has issued a notification to third countries outlining this approach.
The UK-Japan trade agreement is expected to take effect from 1 January 2021.
If you have queries about trade with Japan, contact the Department for International Trade (DIT).