(AGENPARL) -NEWPORT (UK), ven 15 gennaio 2021
Why we are offering this service
- at the end of the transition period, newly created comparable trade marks and re-registered designs featured the representative name and address recorded at the EUIPO. This means many of them have an EEA-based representative address
- owners and their representatives do not need to do anything as existing EEA addresses can remain for 3 years
Options to change address for service
- if you wish to act early to change representative details for comparable trade marks and re-registered designs to a UK address for service, you have a number of options as outlined in the following paragraphs. Depending on your circumstances you may use a combination of options.
Option 1: Global Update
This option is suitable where a representative is changing all the designs and/or trade marks they already represent at a single EEA address to a single UK address:
- we require a single form TM33 for trade marks or a single form DF1A for designs, including a signature to authorise the change
- the form must state “all marks” or “all designs”. We do not require a list of the cases to be updated.
- email the completed form directly to: <a
- include the words ‘Global Update’ in the email subject line
- every case under the existing Representative ID will be updated to the UK address
Option 2: Bulk Representative Update (temporary service)
This option can be used to update at least 50 cases where you wish to apply a single UK address for service for:
Some, or all, of the comparable trade marks or re-registered designs that currently have another representative’s EEA address for service.
some, but not all, of the comparable trade marks or re-registered designs that you currently represent at an EEA address.
- if you haven’t already done so, register your interest by emailing <a providing: the name of your business; the name, email address and telephone number for a contact person in your business; and an estimate of the number of rights you seek to update
- we will provide by email a spreadsheet template for you to complete
- complete the spreadsheet template with details of at least 50 rights and submit this by email with a completed single TM33 or DF1A form to <a
- all cases on a single spreadsheet must be moving from one single representative ID to another. You must provide the current EUIPO representative ID
- we accept multiple owners on one request, but require separate spreadsheets for trade marks and designs
- the service will be available until 31 March 2021
- for fewer than 50 updates use option 3
Option 3: Standard Filing of DF1A/TM33 Forms
Use this option to change the representative address for multiple comparable trade marks and re-registered designs when neither of the above options are suitable.
- email your TM33 or DF1A with a list of cases to be updated to <a
- this can include International marks or designs
If you have any questions regarding this notice, please email <a