(AGENPARL) – MELBOURNE (AUSTRALIA), lun 14 dicembre 2020
14 December 2020
With Christmas fast approaching, it’s time to celebrate and get together with family and friends in our new covid-normal – beautiful food served on individual plates or a central person serving the food in the fresh outdoors or in a breezy, well ventilated space. If you’re unsure what type of gathering is allowed at the time of your event, keep an eye on DHHS website for the latest advice.
It’s easy to overindulge when there’s plenty of special Christmas food and drinks available at gatherings. Here are our top tips to help you enjoy a healthy and jolly Christmas!
- Stay connected with your friends and family.
- Get moving and be active
- Eat well and aim to build a delicious balanced plate
- Go easy on the booze and stay hydrated with still, sparkling or fruit-infused water
- Practice mindful eating and enjoy everything in moderation
- Be sunsmart
Get moving and be active
Stay active over the festive season. Go for a hike, take a bike ride, go for a swim or do a Christmas themed workout. The options are endless!
Let’s gather around the table and share a meal
Check out the delicious and healthy recipes below for some inspiration if you’re hosting a Christmas gathering. There’s a little something for everyone.
Sides & Snacks
And of course, how can we forget pavlova! Get creative this Christmas with this healthier pavlova wreath recipe and decorate it with plenty of delicious summer fruits.
Budgeting for Christmas and 2021
The holiday season can be fun, but how can we celebrate without breaking the bank? Check out the financial wellbeing tips brought to you by Commonwealth Bank.
Last minute gift shopping
- Check out our sustainable Christmas 101 guide for some sustainability tips and sustainable gift ideas. And while you’re at it, why not wrap your gifts in a beautiful tea towel instead of wrapping paper? Don’t forget to check out the Monash staff benefits page for more gift ideas and deals.
Connecting with loved ones and yourself
Share the Christmas Cheer
- With Christmas being the season of giving, why not spread the Christmas cheer and help others in need. You could donate to charity, share a meal, put together some school essentials/ personal hygiene gift packs for people in need.
Happy holidays and have a wonderful Christmas!