(AGENPARL) – CAIRNS (AUSTRALIA), mer 02 settembre 2020
Published: 02 September 2020. (Note: information was correct at date of publication but may have since been changed or superseded.)
Cairns Regional Council advises that there will be road closures and changed traffic conditions this weekend for the Targa Great Barrier Reef tarmac rally.
Temporary road closures will occur at various locations across the Cairns region and neighbouring local government areas from Friday 4 September to Sunday 6 September.
To see the full list, visit www.targa.com.au (or see summary below).
This year the Cairns community is invited to celebrate Targa Great Barrier Reef from their own front yard with the introduction of the Targa Cavalcade.
The Targa Cavalcade will replace TargaFest, which is unable to be held due to Covid-19 restrictions.
The cavalcade will take the multi-million-dollar field on a 27-kilometre journey through the Cairns suburbs as drivers make their way from Walker Rd, Edmonton to Cairns City.
Residents will be able to have front yard BBQ’s and enjoy the free show as it drives straight past their front door with horns beeping and lots of waving.
There will also be a number of key spots on the route where small groups of people will be able to gather in a socially distant manner with their fold out chairs and watch the cars come past in part of a one-hour show.
The Targa Cavalcade will depart from Walker Road Sporting Precinct, Edmonton at approximately 3.40pm on Saturday 5 September.
Further details about Targa GBR, including a Targa Cavalcade map, can be found on the official event website www.targa.com.au.
Road closures for Cairns Regional Council region
FRIDAY 4 SEPTEMBER
Stage Name: GREEN HILL
- Road closure time: 8:09am – 12:39pm
- Gray Road closed between Pine Creek Road and Green Hill Road
- Greenhill Road closed between Gray Road and Pine Creek Road
Stage Name: GILLIES RANGE & LITTLE MULGRAVE
- Road closure time: 8:36am – 2:36pm
- Gillies Highway closed between Appaloosa Street and Boar Pocket Road
Stage Name: LAKE EACHAM
- Road closure time: 9:00am – 1:30pm
- Wrights Creek Road closed between Gillies Highway and Gadgarra Road
- Gadgarra Road closed between Wrights Creek Road and Winfield Road
- Winfield Road closed between Gadgarra Road and Lakes Drive
Stage Name: LAKE MORRIS & COPPERLODE
- Road closure time: 11:50am – 5.50pm
- Lake Morris Road closed one kilometre before Campbells Lookout to Lake Morris
SATURDAY 5 SEPTEMBER
- All day two closures are within Cassowary Coast Regional Council area. For more details visit the Targa Great Barrier Reef website, www.targa.com.au
SUNDAY 6 SEPTEMBER
Stage Name: KURANDA RANGE
- Road closure time: 6:46am – 11:16am
- Kennedy Highway closed between Canopys Edge Boulevard and Black Mountain Road
EVENTS, NEWS & REMINDERS STRAIGHT TO YOUR DEVICE
Last updated: 02 September 2020