(AGENPARL) – LUXEMBOURG, lun 16 novembre 2020
The 10th edition of the HPC School will take place remotely on 15-16 December 2020.
The HPC School is an event designed for newcomers or researchers at the University of Luxembourg who are not yet using HPC resources. Indeed the HPC team will offer instructions, hands-on and guided sessions on a variety of topics.
The HPC team, together with leading computational scientists of the University and HPC technologists will offer instructions, hands-on and guided sessions (including several new ones) on a variety of topics representative of research activities and domains present at the university, including:
- Access to and interaction with the HPC infrastructures
- Monitoring, Debugging & Profiling
- HPC workflow management (for sequential and parallel tasks)
- HPC programming and usage of the main software available on the platform, with dedicated sessions directed towards Scalable Science (OpenMP/MPI), GPU trainings (CUDA programming, Neural Networks), R, Python, Big Data analytics, Deep and Machine learning etc.
- Virtualisation with Singularity containers on the clusters
The aim is to cover basic as well as advanced usage of the platform. Whether you have no HPC experience or are an advanced user, don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn more about the efficient usage of the system.
In all cases, we encourage you to attend the inaugural keynote (scheduled on Tuesday, December 15th 2020, 09h00), where a general update of the HPC and Big Data developments at the University, national and European levels will be provided/ Another keynote is also scheduled on Wednesday, December 16th 2020 (11h30), addressing HPC challenges tied to storage data management.
Pre-registration is required. Participation to this edition is free of charge for University of Luxembourg and partnered public research institutes members. A specific edition for external partners will be scheduled afterwards.